I’m A Baller - Chapter 61
“Don’t make a scene. Look at how angry the class monitor is. The rest of you, that’s quite enough.”
Gu Jiashu didn’t dare to sit around and watch them cheering on anymore. He quickly stepped out to pull the other party aside.
Of course, Yu Qiuli wouldn’t really be angry, but she still didn’t know how to end this mess.
Since they were high on alcohol now, feeding another person wine wasn’t a big deal at all. It was just that her partner was Wang Yan, so she couldn’t overcome that hurdle in her heart.
The current Wang Yan had yet to develop his height and looks. Although his new hairstyle was stylish and his temperament was good, his looks were average and there was nothing outstanding about his clothes.
Overall, in her heart, he was still just an “ordinary classmate.”
Getting involved too intimately with such a classmate, even in a game, was against her principles.
Gu Jiashu stepped forward in time to save the situation and immediately received an appreciative look from Yu Qiuli.
Xiaomin immediately interrupted, “From the looks of it, Xiaogu is still the most reliable one among us.”
Then, Zheng Hong teased, “Wang’er, you’d better go back to your game! It wasn’t easy for you to grow three *s, can’t you save them for something else?”
As soon as someone started telling dirty jokes, the topic instantly changed.
Wang Yan didn’t want to have anything to do with Yu Qiuli to begin with. He just wanted to fight back a little and free himself from the situation, so he didn’t continue to pursue the topic.
He gave Zheng Hong a thumbs up, indicating that he was willing to admit defeat. The joke was over just like that.
Zheng Hong smiled smugly. He was very satisfied with his quick-witted performance and didn’t realize what was wrong at all.
He turned his head to glance at Gu Jiashu, only to find that Gu Jiashu was staring at Wang Yan’s back thoughtfully.
“Xiaogu, what are you thinking about? Are you envious of Wang’ er? Do you also want to have a drink with Qiuli?”
Gu Jiashu retracted his gaze and waved his hand in embarrassment. The little doubt in his heart was instantly dispelled.
For some reason, Gu Jiashu suddenly felt that there was something familiar about Wang Yan. He couldn’t explain it, but he seemed to have felt this vibe from people of his father’s generation before.
Huff… How could it be?
He couldn’t help but laugh and shake his head, no longer letting his imagination run wild.
When Wang Yan acted all high-profile just now, he had almost displeased Yu Qiuli. Now, he kept a low profile and sat on the chair without saying a word, smiling as he watched everyone chat.
Everyone was chatting in groups of twos and threes, drinking and chatting, but the main focus was still on Gu Jiashu.
Not only were the girls assisting him to court Yu Qiuli, the boys also didn’t show any signs of jealousy.
Xiaomin straight up encouraged Yu Qiuli, “Xiaogu’s family is decent and he is a good man. Since he is sincerely pursuing you, why don’t you give him a chance?”
Chen Gang and Zheng Hong jokingly said, “Xiaogu is pursuing the class monitor. Why are you interested in the matter?”
Zheng Hong’s eyes flickered as she said, “Classmates should support each other. It’s not like Xiaogu is unworthy of Qiuli.”
Wang Yan’s five senses were all top-notch. If he listened carefully, he could even hear the whispers which happened nearby.
Tsk. Tsk. This treatment that Gu Jiashu got…
Wang Yan was not envious, but he was somewhat moved.
Everyone’s thoughts were different. On the surface, the reasons were very complicated. However, the root cause was that Gu Jiashu’s family was very rich.
Otherwise, with his gigantic head, he would definitely not have received such favor from girls.
As for Yu Qiuli, although her reaction was not enthusiastic enough, she was at least very patient in this situation. Otherwise, there were a hundred ways to end this awkward conversation.
Now, it was obvious that Yu Qiuli was giving Gu Jiashu an opportunity.
Was she checking him out?
Or was she using him as a shield to block off other pursuers?
Or was she enjoying the satisfaction of being pursued?
Hmm. It was most likely all of the above reasons.
Wang Yan watched coldly from the side. He saw everything clearly, and his mood was calm and detached.
That kind of state even surprised Wang Yan himself.
How could he be so sharp?
Thinking about it carefully, it seemed that it could only be attributed to the improvement of his basic attributes.
Physique enhanced vision and hearing; agility enhanced reaction speed; intelligence enhanced the brain’s information processing ability. When all were put together, it was equal to having detailed observation skills and quick thinking speed.
He could carefully observe everyone’s expressions, tones, and actions, and then analyze them based on his limited experience. If he couldn’t figure it out, he would guess and be able to get a general idea.
So, actually, he had already acquired a new skill called [Elementary Observation Skill]?!
As his experience increased, his skill would most likely be upgraded to intermediate, advanced, expert, and master levels in the future.
As he thought of this, Wang Yan felt a wave of joy in his heart.
The strengthened attributes were really amazing. He merely tested his attributes a little and he was already so strong. Who knew how many more surprises he would have in the future.
This felt great!
Thinking back to the time when he was trembling in fear, it was as if a lifetime had passed.
Wang Yan thought to himself: I am still far from being a god-tier tycoon, but I have finally gotten rid of my status as a loser. I want to chug down a big glass of alcohol!
Just as Wang Yan thought about it, the real loser, Zhang Yin, called him and wanted to have a drink with him.
“Wang’er, what are you doing? Come and drink!”
Wang Yan keenly sensed disappointment from Zhang Yin’s voice. He walked over with a bottle of wine.
“Come, brother! Let’s have a round of drinks!”
Wang Yan patted his friend on the shoulder and didn’t say anything else.
“Okay. Cheers! ”
Zhang Yin gulped down a large glass of beer and his eyes were glazed with a layer of drunkenness. He turned his head and glanced at Gu Jiashu and Yu Qiuli, his expression somewhat resentful.
For three years in high school, Wang Yonglei and Wang Yan had a secret crush on He Meng while Zhang Yin had a secret crush on Yu Qiuli.
There was nothing unusual about it. The two beauties in the eighth class had basically caught all the boys’ attention in class. Only a few boys were not enthralled by the charm of these two beauties. All the boys were in the same boat when it came to the matter of girls.
Unfortunately, both beauties were flowers with thorns, so the dream of getting close to them remained just a fantasy.
“Brother Wang, cheers again!”
Zhang Yin drank another glass of beer with Wang Yan, then the former leaned back in his chair with his eyes closed, as though he couldn’t drink anymore.
Wang Yan was a little sad about Zhang Yin’s misfortune, but also a little angry at Zhang Yin for giving up without trying. Wang Yan sighed and asked in a low voice, “What do you think about this?”
Zhang Yin’s expression was lonely as he mumbled softly, “Gu Jiayu is loyal and generous. His family is so awesome. Although I also like Yu Qiuli, I’m not worthy of her. Whatever! Let’s see what she thinks. As long as she’s happy, I’ll bless her no matter what she chooses.”
Wang Yan was furious, but he could understand Zhang Yin’s mentality.
Some young boys really did not know how to handle their emotions. It was easy for them to fall into a cycle of self-loathing.
In fact, it was the same for everyone. If they had a crush on someone for too long, they would become petty and inferior. Next, if they felt inferior for too long, they would get used to it.
Then, as long as they were given a chance to interact with their crush, they would naturally become subservient simpletons.
What was the definition of subservient simpletons?
It meant that they were silent when it was time to speak, cowardly when it was time to be brave, weak when it was time to be tough and persistent when it was time to give up.
Their rhythm of doing things was all wrong, and it was never appropriate.
At the end of their mindless worshipping, there was a 95% chance of them having nothing, and a 5% chance of them becoming a fallback for their crush. The chance for them to truly be able to attain happiness was infinitely close to zero.
Those people who advocated the idea of “becoming subservient until the end of everything” should be hung up on the street lampposts and have their d*cks flicked until they died.
What ulterior motives did those people have?
Therefore, even though Wang Yan understood Zhang Yin’s mindset, he did not agree with Zhang Yin’s approach at all.
If a person liked someone, he should pursue his crush boldly. If he couldn’t get his crush, he should just give up. If he couldn’t give up, he could turn his grief and anger into motivation and work hard to improve himself. Then, he could look for another opportunity.
At the very least, the person should confess to his crush bravely before giving her his blessing. What was the point of cowardly drinking when he didn’t dare to do anything?!
Looking at the current situation, Zhang Yin was probably only a step away from becoming a subservient simpleton.
Wang Yan wanted to say something, but after thinking about it carefully, he couldn’t find anything to say.
In the end, he could only shake his head and drink another glass of wine with Zhang Yin.
In the end, one had to walk his own path. There was a limit to how much outsiders could help.
If a childish boy didn’t do his best to please a girl once, he probably wouldn’t know how to love himself for the rest of his life.
There was no need to teach him how to do it.
His ability was limited anyway!